Countdown

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sokcho Week 18

 
 
Dear Family and Friends,

Well we had another interesting week with quite the hectic weekend.  On Saturday, Elder Elwood and I set up a place in the church to watch "Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration" with Brother Jeon.  We ended up inviting two of our investigators Do-Yeong, and Brother Lim. The Sisters brought their investigator and the other Elders found someone of the street that day to watch it with us.  The movie was pretty good, and it made me remember how miraculous and amazing the restoration was.  We also had our monthly Branch activity and played some Minute-to-win-it games. It was super exciting and fun, plus we ate well afterwards.  We ate something called 쥬먹밥, which is basically just rice mixed with stuff from tuna to kimchi to seaweed, formed together into a ball.  I didn't really like seaweed before my mission, but the stuff they have here is so good.  Our investigator, Brother Lim, came to both the activity and church the next day.  He comes to church every Sunday, but right now he is not really making time to meet with us outside of church.  He is still super quiet so it's really hard to tell what he is thinking and help him make friends with the members.

This past Tuesday, we set up an appointment with a man who is farmer and basically lives out in the middle of nowhere.  He lives south of Sokcho in an area called YangYang.  After we spent the day talking to people in YangYang, we took a taxi out to his super tiny apartment.  He is a farmer out there and is a super nice guy.  He is 7th Day Adventist, lives in very modest circumstances and really loves the Bible.  When we met with him, we basically didn't get a word out while he explained to us that we are worshiping the devil on Sunday.  He was really kind to us and we opened and closed with a prayer, but we basically weren't able to say much. 

Jumping back to Sunday, Elder Lanford asked me to give a talk and that went well.  I spoke about why it is important to have a Christ-centered home and how to become more Christ-centered.  Although the talk was in Korean, I felt like the Lord helped me smoothly say everything that I needed to.  We also got transfer calls and Sister Lee is transferring out.  She was a little disappointed because Sokcho is just that great.  Elder Elwood and I will be together for another 6 weeks, which was a little unexpected, but I'm excited to continue to work with him and bring those who will listen to feel the love of their Savior Jesus Christ.

With Easter coming up this week, the church has released another sweet video called "Because He Lives."  


I'm pretty sure the church will be taking over the front page of You-Tube on the 4th.  I hope that you take a moment to ponder what is possible because He Lives.  My Savior has continued to mean more and more to me each day as I read of Him and as He continues to support me.  Thanks for all the love this wonderful Easter season.  Nothing helps others more than His Sacrifice and his Resurrection, so spread it!

Your Favorite Missionary,

Elder Wheeler

View of the beach from the restaurant Chase ate at on P day




Cherry blossom tree with fish hanging to dry

District Meeting


Minute to Win It games at Branch activity



 쥬먹밥


No comments:

Post a Comment