Countdown

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sick Elders

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was interesting.  I will start with some of the worse parts of this week.  First of all, the other three Elders in my house got sick.  Not really headaches or sick stomachs, but just a lot of coughing, sneezing, and runny noses.  I somehow managed to avoid the sickness.  My health is currently stable, but I did get bit by a ton of mosquitoes last night.  Even though its cold, we ended up with about 6 mosquitoes in the house which were promptly killed this morning.  Other than that, all is well.

We also tried to make cookies this week for our recent convert. It's the only way we can think of staying in touch with him lately because he is so busy.  Anyways, we tried a recipe that our mission president's wife gave us, but I don't think we executed very well. They were alright, but when we tried to give them to him, he responded with "안먹어요," which means "I don't eat".  I think he gave a reason, but it was loud, so we couldn't hear.  Maybe because we made him really bad cookies last time.  Whatever the reason, the result was unfavorable.  One thing that I've learned on my mission so far is that I am terrible at cooking things.  Like, where are you mom?

We were actually able to meet with two investigators this week!  We committed Paul to keep the Sabbath Day holy and he accepted.  He thought it made a lot of sense, but since he already had plans for this Sunday, he couldn't make it.  However, we have high hopes for next Sunday.  We also met with 오민석!  It was awesome and he said he wanted us to come to his house and teach his family.  The sad thing is that he does not live in our area.  We will have to refer him over to the elders in 일산.  

One thing that I would like to share is my new founded testimony of goal setting.  Lately, we have been setting higher goals in an effort to find more people to teach.  One goal we set daily determines how many people set a specific time and date to meet with us again.  That stat is often times out of my control because people have their agency, but I do have control over how hard a try.   I set the goal of return appointments with 2 people on Tuesday of this week.  I really did all I could to reach the goal, especially asking every person I met to meet again, no matter how hopeless it looked.  Although I got turned down by a lot of people, I was able to miraculously meet the goal.  I know that when we set a reasonable goal with faith, and do everything we can, God will help fill in the rest.  I have already seen it time and time again.  Even people who I would not expect sometimes readily accept the invitation.

I know this gospel is true and I am so grateful for all the support and prayers.

Your favorite missionary,

Elder Wheeler



No comments:

Post a Comment