Countdown

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Nokbeon Week 16 - Kimchi!

Dear Beloved Family and Friends,

This week was super sick!  We had tons of fun this week doing lots of different activities. One of the best things that happened this week was that we got invited to make Kimchi at a festival in another area.  They invited all of the foreign missionaries, and we went and made delicious kimchi for an hour.  I also ate a ton of it.  I just kept telling the older ladies who we were making kimchi with to keep giving me more, so they did.  I've learned that Koreans love people who love their kimchi.  Also during the process, I got interviewed by a Korean lady entirely in Korean! It was super fun.  Plus, I got the church's name out there!

I also had a really cool experience on Sunday night.  We had been invited to a fireside by President to listen to Mark A. Petersen who is serving as the head of the Korean department at BYU.  Anyways, he came and taught us all about religions in Korea so that we could better understand the people here and realize that we're not so different.  Well, we learned about Confucianism, Shamanism, and Buddhism, and it was so interesting.  I have found a deeper love for religion on my mission too.  Beliefs are just so awesome.  Well on the way there, we hopped into to a taxi, and guess what?  This guy is a huge fan of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  He was like, "I've been looking for 'Down By The River' by the choir and I have just not been able to find the CD anywhere." I was like no way, I've got that CD at my house haha.  We gave him a Book of Mormon and are planning on directing him to the temple Book Store with the collection of Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD's.  It was quite the miracle.

This week we met with our investigator Gyeong-min who is progressing super well.  He prays nightly and has a baptismal date for this upcoming month.  We are in the middle of teaching the second lesson.  I've learned a ton about how to teach better through talking about the gospel with him.  Elder Jeong, my Zone Leader, went on exchanges with me a we had one of the funniest and most fulfilling lessons I've had on my mission.  We have just become really good friends with Gyeong-min, and he has seemed to mix in well with the ward already.  He came to church this past Sunday and talked with all of the leaders and youth.  We still have a long way to go, but he has been super fun and refreshing to meet with.  

One thing that also happened this week was the chance we had to deliver cookies to a less-active and a member family that seem to be having a hard time.  The less active member enjoyed the cookies and we had a really great talk with him.  We are also working with Jee-Hoon on his family history work which is going well.

Thanks for all the love and support!

Your Favorite Missionary,

Elder Wheeler
 
Elder Wheeler, Elder Lee, Elder Coleman and Elder Collins on a bike ride last p-day

Elder Lee




Cookie delivery to a ward member
Elder Wheeler and other missionaries helping make Kimchi




Elder Wheeler and Elder Bybee



 


Elder Collins

"Generational" photo - Elder Collins is being trained by
Elder Wheeler who was trained by Elder Julseth

No comments:

Post a Comment