Countdown

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Nokbeon Week 2

Dear beloved Family and Friends,

This week was filled with interesting and cool experiences.  One thing that went well this week was member present lessons. Two members helped us out this week to teach the two investigators that we are currently working with.  Jee-Hoon who is 24 years old is continuing to progress really well.  We taught him about keeping the Sabbath day holy and it went really well.  We're still pushing forward for the baptismal service on the 19th.  As for our other investigator who is about 60 years old, he loves meeting with us and learning about the Book of Mormon.  We watched the restoration together this past week, and he told us that he almost thinks it's true.  I'm not exactly sure what that means, but he really likes the Book of Mormon. I just think that he will have problems changing his lifestyle and acting on the message.

This week we had the wonderful opportunity to meet our Mission President and his wife.  His wife is a convert to the church from Cleveland, Ohio.  President Sonksen is a business man who originally did International banking, but he decided to buy a peanut butter company on a whim. He is true business man.  We had the chance to ask him questions and he gave a great training on "What does the Lord want me to learn today?"  He taught us a lot about learning personal things though the Spirit at each and every training.  We also headed to a meat buffet on the fourth of July.  It was a great and cheap restaurant that we all heavily enjoyed.  It was the closest we could get to a grill...

I had a really inspiring experience yesterday which was fast Sunday.  I was fasting to have the Spirit with me more in my missionary work, because all missionaries need it, right? Anyways, we were walking back from a street boarding activity to our house to have dinner.  It was past five o' clock, so I was naturally in a rush to get back home and break my fast.  While we were walking home, we passed this guy who was sitting and smoking a cigarette.  He had a beard and didn't look very likely to hear us out.  However, after I walked past, I just got this voice repeating in my head, encouraging me to talk to him.  I knew I would feel guilty later if I didn't say anything, so I turned around, walked back, and said hi.  We ended up teaching him the whole restoration of the gospel right there on the bench.  It was a super cool experience and an answer to my prayers to have the spirit with me more.  My companion was pretty shocked along with me.  He took a Book of Mormon, and we got his phone number to call and meet up later.

Thanks for all the prayers.  This work is so tiring, yet so rewarding.  Love you all so much!

Your Favorite Missionary,

Elder Wheeler
 
Chase with his district leader, Elder Mattingly
 
Missionaries walking through a tunnel after Zone Conference


Chase celebrating the 4th of July in Korea

 

No comments:

Post a Comment