Countdown

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sokcho Week 7

Dear Friends and Family,
 
So, the big news this week is that Elder Herron left and Elder Kim arrived.  He is originally from the Pusan mission and is just a year older than me.  He is super funny and through talking with him, my Korean has already improved a lot.  Plus, since this past week there was a ton of stuff that the Branch President had to take care of, Elder Kim and I taught and talked to a lot of people on the street together.  He teaches the gospel in a clear and edifying manner.  I have already learned a lot from him.

Also, the church announced this past weekend the new mission President who will come in July. His name is R. Craig Sonksen and he served in the Korea Mission from 1973-75. His wife's name is Melissa W. Sonksen.  I don't know anything about him, but I will definitely miss President Christensen.  He is seriously one of the coolest and most fair men I have met.
 
On this past Tuesday, we met with Brother Jo at a local cafe.  He bought us some super good hot chocolate and then we talked for a while.  It went well and I was able to understand almost all of what was going on.  He told us he was interested in continuing to talk with us but was pretty content with remaining Buddhist.  He was a really cool guy and we have another appointment on Wednesday.

On Thursday of this past week, we headed down to the nursing home to sing in front of the residents again.  I have already learned a ton of old Korean Folk songs because the older women love to hear us sing them.  At the nursing home, we also get fed and talk with lots of them about their lives. Then for our weekly youth night, we played a super fun game of signs.  Our Less- Active guy, who is the same age as me, showed up and we had a blast.  

Not a lot else happened this week.  It did snow yesterday during church though.  Brother Jeon was super busy this week since his wife is still in town so we didn't have a chance to meet him.  He is still doing well though.  

Thanks for all the love and support.  Korea is such an amazing place filled with wonderful people.  I have already learned a ton from their interesting culture.  I wish everyone the best back at home!
 
Your Favorite Missionary,
 
Elder Wheeler
 
Scenery in Sokcho

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle?

Elder Kim and Elder Wheeler
 

No comments:

Post a Comment